Monday, December 17, 2007

Copying from One is Plagiarism; Copying from Many is Research~!

What is this world full of chance,
With no time to stand and glance;

High being the expectations,
To hell with the combinations;

If you think, you aren't free,
Imagine the conditions on me!

Beware - if your grades are random,
High be the possibility you abandon;

Lest, you don't take note of this caution,
I advise you to think and take Poisson.

Or perhaps, Chi, Anova or T-test,
Whatever suits one best.

Drained of devising arguments?
Try research methodology for advancement!

~~~
If you are wondering how this sounds light years ahead of my "cat, rat, bat, sat" - type rhymes.....think no further. Its mekie's musings on probability and statistics and I merely tweaked it to suit me. Anyways, I was plagiarising~!

6 comments:

mekie said...

Quantitative Physiology - it is not!! It was on Probability and Statistics.. :(

the other romila said...

okay, okay....will make the correction asap.
man, and everytime I read it, I feel like laughing all over again. Its really nice.
I am all enthu about completing my mphil and throwing it into the bay of bengal.

Romila said...

Good attempt.

BTW, check out this link. It tells what a person's name tells about about the person. Good fun!

http://meetpreeth.blogspot.com/2007/12/tell-me-your-name-and-ill-tell-you-who.html

Solitaire said...

Awww....sounds so much like my plight!

Sameera Ansari said...

Ha ha!

Chi, Anova or T-test, took me back to college thesis days :)

Season's Greetings!

the other romila said...

Thanks Solitaire and Sameera!!
thanks for the comments!
happy 2008~!