Sunday, November 18, 2007

Of bits and rain drops

Waking up with the scent of rain was divine and poetic.....
I naturally wanted to squeal across to all my "vetti" friends across the globe in dry Texas and frosty Manchester with a gmail status. I am just too lazy to remember another twitter password.

But try as I might, google could not find one decent Indian folk song on rain in the world wide web. But it was very helpful with info on rain-songs (read heroines in flimsy saris doing their jatkas in the rain).

The alternative was to put together words and thoughts from Tagore and Kajiri, who sings of her seperated lover to the dark clouds. I could have written something completely original, but I guess its the sub-editor in me that prefers Ctrl+X/C/V.

~~
I wake and a south wind is madly making free;
its fragrance drifts and fills the darkness all around me.

The rain drops fall softly ....
singing the songs of Kajiri~

No comments: