Friday, September 28, 2007

Sister's two are we....alike as blossoms on a tree. - Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni

My sis celebrated her bday on a different continent and I am yet to complete making her bday gift. A thought that was penned down as she touched a landmark.

~~~
As kids, the 20s were mature, serious and lifetimes away.
Never imagined ourselves beyond 19. Bliss!!

Today, I can hardly accept being 23 and 25; feels like somebody else.
We never renewed our synapses after 12.

I still want to play hide-seek but this time beat you.
Feel the wind on our hair and turn and share a laugh with you.

Blow bubbles and play an imagined game.
Appreciate a classic and yet howl over cartoons.

Its time for big things, big dreams but I want no big responsibilities.
Glory in being a black sheep and never let monotony take over.

I dont want to be a slave to conventions but master of my destiny.
I want to do one big thing but dont know what.

At 25, there is so much to do and still so little time.
And when you are 25, I feel it too.

It is time for contemplation and also celebration.
Also to make choices...

To either be led into the mainstream or to hold high against the tide.
And when you do what you have to do, I will simply follow you.

-romie ;)

1 comment:

Romila said...

Blogosphere calling!!!

Where art thou? and thou new posts?