Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Is ATP a hoax and other updates

Brilliante Award

First, thanks to Ladybird for giving me the brilliante blog award. She gives it to me hoping that it would prompt me to blog frequently. Thanks Ladybird for that diplomatic nudge.

Breaking News

And after some extensive investigation, lead by my colleagues, we come to the conclusion that Asal Tamizh Penn (ATP) is a hoax and much of the blog is fiction. At least she is not a journo with TH claims the majority of the population surveyed. Though I just cannot believe it, all evidence points au contraire.

I have to tell it for this writer - "hoax" or otherwise - she/he/whoever wrote extremely well, and could weave stories out of the most mundane activities like eating curd rice, drawing room discussions and picking up an aunt from the railway station.

Yet, I never liked ATP for her stereotyped of north Indians, her obsession with gothrams amidst other things. But, who am I to judge her blog, its hers, or his, or whose ever.

But still it was a bit scary to read her blog, because I cannot in a very naive way imagine journos as anything but open minded and objective. (Yes, I can hear you laughing.)

Though some office pals are enraged and are calling for blog ethics, I on the other hand believe in Sakshi Juneja's succinct byline - to each, his or her own.

Blog fodder

Gloria Steinem and Zuheir Hammad in conversation, a link via Mekie. She sure reads a lot every day.

And this amazing illustrations on the CERN experiment. I know everyone knows about PhD comics but I cant help but marvel at their brilliance. After all, what many write in 4000 words, these guys sum up in five comic strips! Pure genius.

Some day, ah...someday, the news industry will catch up.

3 comments:

Ladybird said...

I am still trying to recover from the ATP shock. I quite liked her and her style of writing, though generally I dont have the patience to read more than 3 paras of anything at a time (my blog included).
I still hope we can figure out who she is.

arethusa said...

Oh I love ATP. How did you know it is a hoax and she doesn't exist? :-(

Romila said...

Came by to wish and ur family a prosperous year ahead.