Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I am not a Pink, but I like this Red

I have not discovered my political thought yet. I do work for a Left-inclined magazine but cant even be called a Pink. Why such a disclaimer? Because in post-lib India, I dont want to be defending anything to a high-end mnc/techie pal.

I just like some and then dont like many in a quaint way. My thoughts change depending on my mood to Vandana Shiva, calvin and hobbes, street food, SEWA, M17 bus, Tehelka, kalamkari paintings, Wikipedia, detesting chennai autowallahs, Pudiyador, udipi sambar, BBC, early morning marina visits, BSNL, bhavra mann, Khadi bhavans, rip van winkl-esque sleeping to Suzlon.

Though not in that pedestal, I also like Rossana Rossanda's 'Comrade from Milan', some wonderfully penned memories of war time and how it felt to be 15 and 21 in 1939 and 1945. Some of her other writings like this and that, have impressive co-authors. I love this piece sent by Mekhala ages ago. Some day if I visit Italy and she is still alive, I want to look her up.

2 comments:

mekie said...

what did i send you?!

the other romila said...

you sent me a semi-biographical article by rossana, ages ago. I just read it. thanks.