Monday, August 25, 2008

happy day

Yesterday - sunday - felt so long and so good. Wonder why? Maybe it was the long, lazy morning chat with grandparents after ages or aunt's fresh pineapple juice or mum's aloo channa or simply because I filed away papers carefully, de-cluttered my shelves and concurrently my head.

To top the day, I watched Godzilla with siblings (was too scared to watch it at theatres when it first released) and the second part of Happy Days (courtesy: JJ). A dish about Happy Days: It was not good, it was not logical or perfectly made, even though it comes from the director of Anand and Godavari. Yet, the film is worth all the cliches: heart-warming, fresh, feel-good and beautiful. Though a bit of the college stereotype, it took both sis and me with a wave of college-days nostalgia and sis suddenly felt old. Not me!

I loved the Tyson and Shravanti angle of the story and am still humming its "Arey rey, Arey rey". Just been reading up on its making and the film has an impressive resume: fresh actors from internet auditions, five filmfares and Mickey J Meyer's music. It is highly recommended, even for NGs (non-golts). Happy Days was dubbed in Malayalam as well. I am determined to watch the film again, this time from start.

No comments: